Owning a pool comes with a lot of responsibility and if you wish for a DIY Swimming Pool care routine, there are few things that you have to keep in mind. Water balance and maintenance of pool water are the two most important aspects, to begin with.
The DIY Pool Care Checklist includes daily as well as weekly pool cleaning procedures. Checking the chemical level of water with factors such as alkalinity and chlorination is a crucial aspect.
Maintaining the pH of the pool water and cleaning the pool deck is equally important. But the best way to take care of these chores is to hire a professional pool cleaning company.
A dip in the pool in your backyard is the best way to beat the heat during weekends. But with a great swimming pool comes greater responsibility.
When you own a swimming pool, it is your biggest responsibility to make sure that the pool is clean and hygienic. Regular pool care ensures the condition of your pool doesn’t deteriorate with time.
Let’s find out why taking care of a pool is important.
Why is Pool Care Important?
A swimming pool is an investment and as the owner, you would like to keep it functioning as long as possible. Taking care of a pool is very important if you want the swimming pool to stay in a healthy condition.
Basic pool maintenance can take a little bit of time from your daily or weekly schedule but the long-term benefits are worth it.
Water balance is the first thing that comes to mind when we talk about pool care. A constant balance of chemicals is required to keep the water in the pool clean, healthy, and safe.
Unbalanced pH levels of the pool water can be hazardous as it causes sore eyes and skin irritation. If you find the process of maintaining the pH of pool water troublesome, you can take help from a pool care specialist.
Maintaining the pool hardware is another important aspect of easy DIY swimming pool care that cannot be ignored. The pool equipment, like any other mechanical device, undergoes a lot of stress and requires repairs or replacement.
If the pool is not maintained properly, the pool equipment suffers the most as their life span is reduced significantly.
Common Pool Care Checklist
The best way to make the most of having a pool is to sit back and relax while a professional pool care specialist takes care of things for you. But if DIY Pool Care is on your mind, then there are some crucial aspects of the pool care checklist you should follow.
- Checking the level of water: The water level is an important factor when it comes to pool maintenance. The water level shouldn’t be too high or too low as it can cause the skimmers to malfunction.
- The Filter and the Pump: The next step is to examine the filter’s pressure gauge. It should indicate normal pressure which signifies that water is flowing through the filter normally. Levels lower than normal could be an indicator of low water levels or closed valves whereas higher pressure indicates a dirty filter or a closed valve.
- Inspection of the baskets and pool cleaner: It is advised to check the pool cleaners and see if the bag is full and needs to be emptied. Also, the pump basket needs to be checked regularly to see if they are full or not. If required, clean the skimmer’s baskets to ensure the strength and effectiveness of the suction.
- Miscellaneous: Apart from the above-mentioned factors, make sure that the leaves and debris are removed from the pool. In case the water appears to be cloudy, it is required to check the chemistry of the pool. Check the filtration system is fully functional to ensure proper circulation of water.
- Checking the chemical levels: A daily test of the chlorine and pH levels is not wrong but it is ideal to check them biweekly. Consistency is the key when it comes to the water chemistry of the pool. The perfect pH to maintain is 7.5 but anything in between 7.4 to 7.8 would suffice.
- Cleaning the pool deck: The best way to clean the pool deck on your own is to run a blower. If you are not keen on using a leaf blower, then buckets of pool water or a garden hose can be used as alternatives.
DIY pool care sounds like fun but it is a huge responsibility nonetheless. And getting professional help for common pool care will only make life easier for you.
With decades of experience under our belt, we at Alliance Pools and Patio offer the best pool cleaning and repair services. Our team of pool care specialists takes pride in managing the cleaning of your pool so that you can sit back and adore the beauty of your pool.